Archive for urbanglasgow.co.uk For information past, present & future on the city of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
 


       urbanglasgow.co.uk Forum Index -> Glasgow From The Past
dmk

Glasgow 1980

the french photographer, raymond depardon, documented glasgow in 1980
the images can be found here
cybers

Thanks for that .... that is an awesome set and well worth the click
Stuball

GAH! Blocked at work
sputnik

yeah,great wee set there.
Beano

Yon drunk wi the carlsberg tin lying oan the pavement ootside ladbrokes pure glaswegian class  
mradmack

Raymond Depardon: Glasgow 1980

I'm not sure if this photographers work has been posted on here before, but I thought it was worth posting. Great stuff from Glasgow.

http://www.magnumphotos.com/C.asp...UPIID=2K1HRG6U3INW&POPUPPN=82

Moderator Edit

If you are not sure then please make use of the search function - Merged to existing thread.

Minder Suikers

Hi there,

would you say, this foto is in the cathcart road in front of house nr 697?

http://mediastore2.magnumphotos.c.../Media/TR2/c/b/2/8/NN11455825.jpg

from http://www.magnumphotos.com/C.asp...1&RW=1225&RH=647&PN=2

Great Fotos. Thinking about where these kids are now.
Fjord

Minder Suikers wrote:
Hi there,

would you say, this foto is in the cathcart road in front of house nr 697?



Nearly, the girls are standing at the entrance to the close of no. 703 Cathcart Road. Nice photo got any more?
Minder Suikers

Oh, you are so right! How did you find out so fast?

The foto is from the Link dmk had posted in the first entry.
I rectified my post so that hopefully the linking it is ok.
Fjord

Minder Suikers wrote:
Oh, you are so right! How did you find out so fast?

The foto is from the Link dmk had posted in the first entry.
I rectified my post so that hopefully the linking it is ok.


I'd previously looked at those photos DMK linked to but I was too caught up in getting to the next image and didn't pay much attention to the background detail in that one.
Kudos to you in nailing the location.  I recognised it instantly when you mentioned Cathcart Road.
mani

Re: Glasgow 1980

dmk wrote:
the french photographer, raymond depardon, documented glasgow in 1980
the images can be found here


Great photographs
PaulK

anyone know where this pic was taken?
https://pro.magnumphotos.com/CS.a...E&RW=1225&RH=647&PN=2
James

PaulK wrote:
anyone know where this pic was taken?
https://pro.magnumphotos.com/CS.a...E&RW=1225&RH=647&PN=2

You'll need to narrow it down....



James H
PaulK

sorry, I meant this one
http://mediastore2.magnumphotos.c...G/Media/TR2/e/3/a/2/PAR446331.jpg
PaulK

And this looks like the same location from another angle
http://mediastore2.magnumphotos.c...G/Media/TR2/d/c/c/4/PAR446375.jpg
cybers

Taransay Street in Govan... Still looks very similar today except its now lined with trees.
PaulK

Excellent, thanks.

       urbanglasgow.co.uk Forum Index -> Glasgow From The Past
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum
The early bird catches the worm (proverb) | The second mouse gets the cheese (fact)