Archive for urbanglasgow.co.uk For information past, present & future on the city of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
 

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

       urbanglasgow.co.uk Forum Index -> Random Rubbish
st200

Loch Lomond Rock Festival 1980

Just watching T in the park and was reminiscing about my one and only festival.
1980 Loch Lomond,did anyone else here go to it?
I only went on the Sunday and have some memories of Gillan,Lindisfarne,Saxon and headliners Wishbone Ash.
Anybody got any other info,can't remember too much about it,it was a good day!!!!!!!!
fastnet

Never went to that one but went to a few monsters of rock at Donnington in the early 80's.

Edit......Just googled the two years i went.

1981August 22, 1981

AC/DC
Whitesnake
Blue Öyster Cult
Slade
Blackfoot

1982August 21, 1982

Status Quo
Gillan
Saxon
Hawkwind
Uriah Heep
Anvil
Tommy Vance (DJ)


Sorry this is totally useless information for what you asked but I misread your post....  
womble

fastnet wrote:
Never went to that one but went to a few monsters of rock at Donnington in the early 80's.

Edit......Just googled the two years i went.

1981August 22, 1981

AC/DC
Whitesnake
Blue Öyster Cult
Slade
Blackfoot

1982August 21, 1982

Status Quo
Gillan
Saxon
Hawkwind
Uriah Heep
Anvil
Tommy Vance (DJ)


Sorry this is totally useless information for what you asked but I misread your post....  


You bassa thats snotfair I was 12/13 and had no chance of being there then  
fastnet

Sorry for ruining the original thread....

womble.......I was only 8....
Stuball

I was... 2
stairheedramy

music

I was lucky enough to have seen Bob Marley at the Apollo- can anyone top that?
st200

Saw B.B.King in Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago!!!!!!!!!
     

Superb,but was anybody at Loch Lomond?
fastnet

I saw Barbara Dickson at the theatre royal.......Beat that.
Doorstop

I saw Santa in Frasers.
Beano

Doorstop wrote:
I saw Santa in Frasers.
Aye mate ....ye asked him fur a inflatable doll        
Doorstop

I did .. the bastard gave me a bike.

I lost all faith in the man after that.
Beano

Doorstop wrote:
I did .. the bastard gave me a bike.

I lost all faith in the man after that.
 
cybers

Doorstop wrote:
I did .. the bastard gave me a bike.

I lost all faith in the man after that.


And every fecker rode it first !!!
Alex Glass

Loch Lomond 1980

I was there and spent the night on the beach. I didn't manage to plank my carryout well enough and it got pinched. So long cold night was spent under the trees near the water. They didn't allow tents then.  

Also

Bob Marley - Uprising Tour

That is the set list for the 12th July 1980 I saw him at the Apollo on the 10th July 1980.

And have seen Eric Claption 4 times and saw The Who perform at the Apollo too.
stairheedramy

Santa in Frasers= posh.  I only ever saw him in Lewis's, and that was from a distance
cybers

Lewis's Santa grotto was considered awfy posh and was a sight to behold not like some of these garden shed fae B&Q Junkie Santa's yi get now.

We used to get Lewis's and Goldberg grottos on alternate years as kids...
Some right dodgy photo's of not just me but dodgy looking santas as well.
st200

Alex Glass wrote:
Loch Lomond 1980

I was there and spent the night on the beach. I didn't manage to plank my carryout well enough and it got pinched. So long cold night was spent under the trees near the water. They didn't allow tents then.  

Also

Bob Marley - Uprising Tour

That is the set list for the 12th July 1980 I saw him at the Apollo on the 10th July 1980.

And have seen Eric Claption 4 times and saw The Who perform at the Apollo too.





Good find Alex,thanks for that.
It's all starting to come back now!!!!!!!!

My other highlights include AC/DC at the Apollo round about '76,then again '80 and at Hampden two years ago.
Sensational Alex Harvey Band at the Apollo about '78 and then ABC three years ago.Almost saw them in Edinburgh two years ago but the Liquid Rooms caught fire after the support band played and we got evacuated out into the street.........Bummer.
B.B. King two weeks ago was amazing....can't believe he's nearly 86!!!!!!
Wishbone Ash at the Apollo,then Loch Lomond,then about two years ago at The Ferry.
Focus at The Ferry too.
Black Sabbath,Status Quo,UFO,Rainbow all at the Apollo.
Seasick Steve at the Barrowlands asnd HMV Edinburgh.
Superb.
stairheedramy

The stranglers at the Apollo- plus two complimentary strippers, now thats how to throw a party  
Alex Glass

Seen Paul McCatrney and Wings twice in 1979 at the Apollo. Was in the que over night for tickets on the second night after having got a couple of tickets for the first night through a friend who new the Manager at the Apollo and he got 4 tickets before they officially went on sale.

Also spent a night in a que for Who tickets in 1981 for a work mate that was into the who but married and couldn't get away to buy tickets.

The same guy who got me the McCartney tickets gave me two free tickets to see Steve Hilage. HHe was a member of Gong who had gone solo.

I am sure I have the programme for the Loch Lomond Festival in the loft somewhere. I will need to try and find it.
schiehallion

Saw Queen and Thin Lizzy at the Apollo. Mercury and Lynott both had real stage presence.

Saw Billy Joel at the Usher Hall in Edinburgh when he was just a wee curly haired piano player singing My Life.

Was at Donington in 1983...

Whitesnake
Meat Loaf
ZZ Top
Twisted Sister
Dio
Diamond Head
stairheedramy

Saw the stones at Roundhay Park Leeds in the early 80's- supporting them was the J Geils band, Joe Jackson and George Thoroughgood and the destroyers who blew the rest, including the stones, away

       urbanglasgow.co.uk Forum Index -> Random Rubbish
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum
The early bird catches the worm (proverb) | The second mouse gets the cheese (fact)