Archive for urbanglasgow.co.uk For information past, present & future on the city of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
 


       urbanglasgow.co.uk Forum Index -> Glasgow in the 1970s
swelter

Photographer in background

Hi
Was wondering if someone on the urban Glasgow site might recognise themselves as the photographer in the background with the professional equipment shooting  street photography 1973-76, not sure exact date.
The location was outside the Krazy-House shop.

Glagow-Krazy-Photographer1[/img]
Glagow-Krazy-Photographer3
cybers

Re: Photographer in background

swelter wrote:
Hi

Glagow-Krazy-Photographer1[/img]


Brilliant image,

This looks like it will be easy an easy one for James as he was probably buying that gramophonium with the huge amp in the foreground for the playing of his Shellac 78's

On a more serious note hopefully the togger or a family member will see this and know who it is as its always great when these photos turn up for a bit of tec work.
pwm437

Could it be Streapadair. Its the right vintage. ??
fastnet

If it was the right era it could have been Stu.

I can see him dressed like that in th 70's even though it is far too old for him even to be there......
streapadair

pwm437 wrote:
Could it be Streapadair. Its the right vintage. ??


Nope. No real reason why it couldn't have been me, except that it wasn't.

Great work on the book, by the way, Peter. Thanks. Available from all major retailers, folks - http://tinyurl.com/auoqdeu
Stuball

fastnet wrote:
If it was the right era it could have been Stu.


I'll burst you
cybers

fastnet wrote:
If it was the right era it could have been Stu.



Before he scared the Missus with the new smooth head look I could see how yi would be thinking this John

Got that whole Roy Wood thing in a flares and gay abandon kinda thing going on ....
Vinny the Mackem

I can't picture where the background is.  I though the Krazy House was in the Mercat Building, but I just can't get my head round this one!  

Cracking picture, though! You could probably hear the records played on that in Aberdeen!  
dmk

hi swelter
i think i had the privilege of seeing some of your work on display at streetlevel just recently
swelter

Hi DMK

Yes, they have a selection of 7 on the wall at the moment. Not sure when they are coming down, but the long term plan is for 70 of the images to be shown at Trongate 103 later this year if all goes well.

Hugh
cybers

Vinny the Mackem wrote:
I can't picture where the background is.  I though the Krazy House was in the Mercat Building, but I just can't get my head round this one!  

Cracking picture, though! You could probably hear the records played on that in Aberdeen!  


The background is across the Gallowgate where the new flats reside now. It lay as a vacant lot part of the G.E.A.R landscape city park projects for years and was always inhabited by winos.
dmk

swelter wrote:
Hi DMK

Yes, they have a selection of 7 on the wall at the moment. Not sure when they are coming down, but the long term plan is for 70 of the images to be shown at Trongate 103 later this year if all goes well.

Hugh

good good
i'll no doubt see them then as i spend most of my life at 103  
kev

What about this ...is this any of you


Beano

 was this taken around 23 May 2012.
swelter

Hard to see the photographer at first but then spotted him. Is this at the Red Road Flats?
Beano

swelter wrote:
Hard to see the photographer at first but then spotted him. Is this at the Red Road Flats?

swelter...Yes it's the Red Road flats mate.
kev

Bit closer.....was taken on the 13th of October


Beano

Kev..thought it was myself as I remember taking shots at a similar angle and location but he looks like a competent photographer..rules me out...  
Targer

It's a depressing looking area.
       urbanglasgow.co.uk Forum Index -> Glasgow in the 1970s
Page 1 of 1